Saturday 27 June - Chatham Historic Dockyard
The Historic Dockyard, Chatham is a stunning 80 acre site with historic buildings, museum galleries, historic warships and much more. There will be time allocated for you to visit those areas of the dockyard that you may find of particular interest as well as some group activities.
10.00 arrival. Meet at the entrance
- Tea and coffee available at the Wheelwright’s restaurant (not included in cost)
- Hearts of Oak Gallery (about 30 min programme)
- Lunch – Fish and Chips served on board one of the historic ships.
- Ropery Demonstration
Cost for the day £32.00 per person
For those wishing to stay overnight in a local hotel we have arranged a special deal with the Ramada Encore Hotel close to the entrance of the Historic Dockyard. Saturday night £70 per room Bed and Breakfast (Single or Double); the same price is also available for Friday night. Delegates should make their own arrangements with the hotel (01634 891677,
. Quote the Group Reference ‘Scientific Instrument’, offer closes 25 May.)
Sunday 28 June - Royal Engineers Museum and AGM
The Corps of Royal Engineers motto is Ubique, meaning ‘everywhere’, reflecting the fact that there is no campaign of the British Army in which the Royal Engineers have not played their part. As a result of this rich history, the Museum holds a vastly diverse and historically significant collection of both large and small items ranging from a tank to a map of Waterloo. We will have exclusive access to the museum until 11.30.
Meet 10 am at the main entrance to the RE Museum.
Car Parking is available but it is also within walking distance of our hotel.
- 10-11.30 Visit to museum including hands-on session taking place in the Medal Room.
- 11.30- 11.45 Tea/coffee and Biscuits
Annual General Meeting (Medal Room)
- 11.45 - 12 .45 AGM
- 1.00 -2.15 Lunch at George V pub short walk away from museum
- 2.15 Further access to museum for those with time. It closes at 5 pm
Cost for the Day £46.00 per person.
To book for the Summer Event and AGM, please complete the booking form enclosed with the last Bulletin, or contact the Executive Officer,